Wednesday 26 December 2012

Paramore: a year in review (June)

03/06/2012

Paramore set up an instagram, under the username paramorestudio (now, they're just called paramore).

Their first photo.
07/06/2012

Hayley appeared in a mini-documentary about Nashville called 'Great Music Cities of the World: Nashville'.



12/06/2012

The 12th June marked the fifth anniversary of 'Riot!'.

It also marked the first photo of Jeremy's new puppy Cowboy, who quickly captured the hearts of fans as he became more and more heavily featured in the band's instagram posts.


15/06/2012

Hayley wrote a LJ post on album number four:
"So, I figured since this is the first time that we're "really" talking about it, i would start here. because after all this is where everything started in the first place. well besides Jeremy's living room and our PureVolume profile. this is where we met some of you and built a relationship from afar with so many who, even all these years later, still support our band.
We're only about 2 weeks away from actually putting music to tape. no, we aren't recording this album analog but hopefully you'll understand the expression. we've already gone through all the songs that we have hoped would make it this far and they - about 19 - of them are ready to be recorded. this doesn't mean that we are going to have that many tracks on the album but it does mean that for the first time in the history of our band, we are going to record more than we actually need for an album and end up with more than a few extra tracks to play around with after the fact. it's really been a fun process for us.
By now, you know our producer Justin Meldal-Johnsen is fully involved with every part of this process. we spent a week jamming out a handful of songs a day with him and even wrote a few parts to songs with him that were missing or that just needed extra care. it was all vital to what we will do when we're back to actually hit record. honestly, it was a lot less of a real chore than i thought it might be. pre-production could go either way... at the end of the day you're ripping songs apart to put them back together again. it either works or it doesn't... and thankfully, with all of us more encouraged than ever, we were ready for the challenge of making each song as great as it could be. they'll only get better too. you've never listened to a paramore song as much as i'm about to listen to every rough mix we get back from these recording sessions. i am the original paramore fangirl.
Over the next week or two, i'm going to be posting a little more often to our tumblr (paramore.tumblr.com) with little blogs about song subject matter or even just tiny updates about what's going on in the studio. plus, now we have instagram... ("paramorestudio") holy social networking, batman! oh, and don't forget taylor has his own instagram. he likes to compete with jerm and i for the most likes. usually he wins and i told him it's just because all the girls have crushes on him since he's the youngest and cutest. (J.Timberlake of paramore, am i right or am i right?)
Anyways, i only have one more chorus worth of lyrics to write before i'm done. we started writing these songs about a year ago... i can't believe it's all about to happen!
Remember to check the tumblr. talk to you soon,
Hayley from Paramore"
21/06/2012

Someone found the background screen footage that Paramore used during the Honda Civic tour. You can find a link to all of the videos here.

25/06/2012

Hayley updates the band's tumblr:
"Hey hey,
Well… as promised, I’m back here doing a blog. Writing a blog. This weekend is the first time in over a week that I’ve been all on my lonesome. We’ve had family, friends, and co-workers in and out of here, visiting or helping us with various things… such as stay sane while off the road. My sister just left yesterday morning. She visited me all week and we basically did everything there is to do here in Los Angeles. Found ourselves in that infamous traffic all week long. Even so, we still walked to the Hollywood sign, sat on a cliff in Malibu (right near our old band house during BNE recording sessions), talked about boys, spent a day at Disneyland, and hung at the Warped tour. Great week, right? Now, it’s all quiet. Now, what?
Ugh, I’d like to take a few sentences to complain about these longish claw nails I had put on for the hell of it. How does anyone type with these things? How does Katy Perry tweet? How does Gaga play her keytar? Anyways….
Since I’m feeling particularly alone right about now, I thought it’d be a good time to talk about one of the songs we’ll be recording for the new album. It’s kind of fun to get into subject matter without any of you actually have heard the song or even knowing the exact words to it. The song is not as much about feeling lonely as it is enjoying the simple state of being alone. For instance, on a Saturday night, like tonight. I quite enjoy the opportunity to cook a meal for myself and sit on the couch watching Pretty Woman all night if that’s what I feel like. Read a book. Write a song. You get the point. Basically, I don’t mind spending some time by myself. It’s something that I’ve always learned a lot from.
Over the last four years or so, Paramore got busier and spent more time working on tour than we did at home. I sort of forgot how much I loved, even needed, my alone time. But the past year, being as “slow” as it was… I was able to sort of refocus all that nervous, busy energy and learn once again how nice a night-in can be. In fact, I spend most nights “in”, unless there’s work, family, or some important event going on. It’s probably a phase and life is very much like a pendulum… So, by the time this really gets around, I could be raging every night. (See: sober-raging, for reference). All this to say, I’ve talked to many people who say that they really don’t like to be alone. That they can’t shut their mind off when there’s no one around talking to them or when the music isn’t loud. It takes practice. And truly, it’s worth getting good at.
The other side of this is how reclusive I’ve become as of late. Like I said, I love my time alone. With only one or two close friends. I’m pretty weary of people getting close to me and whether or not it’s a positive or a negative thing, I’m not too concerned right now. What matters is I feel good about it. And as we already discussed, it’s most likely some phase but I’m learning nonetheless. It just seems like most people my age are going through the exact opposite phase. For some reason, I needed to write it out, how I felt about the social ladder, overactive social lives… and my lack of any sort of care in the world about it all.
Geez, what a long winded explanation. Think about it though. Spend some time with yourself if you haven’t. I’m no therapist but it seems like it couldn’t hurt. Certainly does wonders for me. In fact, writing run-on sentences and blogging all this nonsense is one of my favorite quiet things to do. I’ll be writing these more often now that we are headed back into the studio… so come on back to this bloggy blog any ol’ time you wanna “be alone” with me.
HW on be-third of Paramore."
28/06/2012

The band announce that Ilan Rubin will be the drummer for their fourth album. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment